Read news stories and updates on graduate education topics such as current graduate student research, graduate program rankings, alumni activities, and more.
- April 13, 2021Schar School alumna Lisa Greenhill has never let not being something stop her. Now she’s in a leadership position at an association, helping a professional field diversity.
- April 5, 2021Growing up in the slums of Cameroon, Joseph Sany said he witnessed urban violence and police oppression regularly. He heard about genocide in Rwanda, and he saw more violence firsthand when he worked with NGOs and visited countries like Liberia and Sierra Leone during civil war.
- April 1, 2021Tatum McKay, Master of Public Health student at the College of Health and Human Services, has been analyzing de-identified data from the COVID Health Check✓™ to provide insight into testing rates and how to best mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on campus.
- March 31, 2021Doctoral student Sharrell Hassell-Goodman is co-chair of the Student Voice Committee.
- Mason has eight graduate programs listed among top 25 nationally, led by part-time law that is best in nation among publicsMarch 30, 2021George Mason University has eight graduate programs listed among the top 25 nationally according to latest rankings by U.S. News & World Report, reflecting the university’s impact as one of the best institutions for advanced degrees.
- March 29, 2021During the coronavirus pandemic, Mason doctoral student Marissa Howard was able to get back into the Center for Applied Proteomics and Molecular Medicine (CAPMM) lab, but now all the researchers are working on COVID-19-related research.
- March 12, 2021Louie Al-Hashimi is driven by service. It started in high school, he said, when his history teacher encouraged him to get involved in community service and he began volunteering at a local food pantry, supporting road cleanup projects, and organizing school concerts for charity. “That, coupled with my studies, encouraged me to pursue public service,” said Al-Hashimi, who earned his master’s in public administration from George Mason University in 2020. “Having the opportunity to build or facilitate a connection with other people—that’s what I’m drawn to.”
- April 29, 2019The characteristics it takes to earn an PhD are the same it takes to assume a role of major responsibility in a company or organization, said John A. Zangardi.
- April 16, 2019“If you want to make a career move into the security field, this program is the way to go,” said Rebecca Ames.